Florence Watercolour Workshops 2018
Treat yourself to this fantastic opportunity to paint watercolours in the beautiful Renaissance city of Florence. It doesn’t really get any better than this for artists. Soak up the ambience and culture of this famous historical city. Allow your experienced tutor to guide you around from one inspirational backdrop to another. Learn to paint quickly with impressionistic flair through expert tuition from your Academy trained tutor. Whether you’re into the illustrious facades of the ancient cathedrals and palazzos or the grand spaces of Florence’s many piazzas, you really couldn’t be in better hands.
With this tour, you will learn to compose interesting urban scenes with famous landmarks as your focal points which will wow your friends and family alike! Locations may include the Ponte Vecchio, Santa Croce, Il Duomo, The Boboli Gardens and views of the Arno.
What’s included in this tour?
- 7 nights accommodation at Borgo Pinti (Monastery) with breakfast, lunch and evening meals (lunch and evening meal not included on excursion day)
- 5 days tuition morning and afternoon program of study with critique of your work in the evening
- 1 free day for personal exploration of Florence
- all materials, Winsor and Newton watercolour paints, Kolinsky sable brushes, drawing equipment, incl. watercolour sketchbook
- guided tour of the Uffizi on excursion day
- arrival via Florence airport or train station Santa Maria Novella. Borgo Pinti is a short 15 min walk from the train station
Available Dates 2018:
- 31st March – 07th April
- 07th – 14th April
- 21st – 28th April
- 05th – 12th May
- 12th – 19th May
- 26th May – 02 June
During the week we will be staying in a beautiful monastery at Borgo Pinti in the heart of florence, a stone’s throw away from the artistic and historic high;lights of this fascinating city. Case di Oblate is an oasis of peace and tranquility with beautiful corridors and a walled courtyard garden, where you can relax and recharge your energy after your creative endeavours. It is ideally located for you to explore Florence on your own accord on your free day and for strolls around the city in the evening and along the river Arno with it’s magnificent Ponte Vecchio towards the Academia dell’Arte towards Palazzo Vecchio and the Duomo.
For Groups: If you are wishing to book a tailor-made tour tour with your painting group we are happy to arrange a specific course of your choice for you. Group discounts apply. Simply contact us with your requirements, preferred dates and media you wish to work in.
Non-painting partners are welcome at a reduced rate and can join us on all our trips and excursions.
Note: this course is not based at The Retreat but in Florence, Tuscany
Why not check out more of our guest reviews on Tripadvisor
|Room Type||7 Day Course|
|Twin/Double room en-suite p.p.||£ 1,500|
|Single Room en-suite||£ 1,600|