For groups from min 6 guests we offer a variety of options at The Retreat
Group stays at The Retreat: we can accommodate groups of up to 12 in 6 attractive single/twin or double bedrooms.
Package options include: with/or without tuition
- bring your own tutor
- sightseeing excursions and transport to carefully selected painting locations
- airport transfers from/to Rome in airconditioned minibus
- studio use with easels (field and studio), all art materials supplied for tutored courses and supllied for ‘non-tutored’/’bring your own tutor’ courses on request
- shipping of art work to home destination on request
- ….and more
Additional program options include:
- Vineyard visits with guided tour and winetasting
- Culinary experiences: Italian cooking classes and pizza making
- guided tours to local artigiani: including cheese makers, ceramic studios (for the famous Marchesian maiolica ceramics) and more, traditional copper works
- visits to performances of the world-famous summer open-air opera Lo Sferisterio in Macerata including overnight-stay and pre-opera dinner (available July – early August only)
- guided art history excursions
- horse-riding excursions around the area (competent riders only)
Special Group Offer: 1-in-8 goes free (does not include optional extras, opera visits, etc)
Tuscany, Umbria and other locations in Italy: For group bookings in other locations in Italy, please contact us with your requirements. We work with a variety of carefully selected albergo’s and authentic Italian guesthouses with suitable studio space which are ideally located for exploring world-famous sights and within easy access for painting trips to stunning locations. Airport transfers and minibus transport an materials can be provided, so all your group needs to do is to arrive in Italy.
Custom-made tours are also arranged in other locations in Italy, including Tuscany, Umbria and Cinque Terre, Southern Italy. Many of the above options can also be included. Please enquire with your requirements.
Art History Tours: we arrange week-long art appreciating history tours with visits to Renaissance and Early Christian art works and artitectural sites. Art history tours are available with or without painting experiences